Optix is a groundbreaking, multi-purpose instrument for gas sensing in any vacuum environment, functioning through a wide range of operating pressures to cater for most industrial vacuum production processes without any requirement for differential pumping.
Optix uses a remote plasma spectroscopy concept which generates a small plasma within the sensor head, and is then analysed by its built-in spectrometer. The light spectrum is automatically interpreted to provide qualitative measurement of the presence and concentration of gas within the vacuum.
The sensor generates a plasma over a wide pressure range without the need for a differential pumping system.
The Optix spectral information and sophisticated back-end software creates a range of uses for all vacuum users within an easy to use and multi-functional interface: wide range pressure measurement; leak detection; vacuum quality monitoring; process pump-down analysis; gas and molecular analysis; condition monitoring and fault detection; fast process feedback and flow control; end-point detection; gas flow calibration and composition ratios.
The cold cathode Penning method is commonly used to measure the total pressure of a vacuum. Unlike other cold cathode pressure gauges, Gencoa Optix uses plasma spectrum information to automatically calibrate the pressure reading for the vacuum gases – providing a more accurate pressure measurement.
Pressure regime advantages
• Operates directly at the most common vacuum process pressures
• No need for expensive/complex differential pumps
• No spurious readings from differential pump systems
• Direct monitoring of the vacuum instantly register any changes (m/sec response)
• Significantly less expensive than RGA and differential pump combination
An advanced Windows user interface provides clear visualisation of the condition of the process and vacuum, and powerful tools for recording and referencing data enable easy identification of process problems.
• Built-in spectrum database for atomic and molecular emission signatures
• Automatic spectrum interpretation
• Time plots for automatically or user defined species
• Customizable trigger set-up for end point detection or process control
• Comprehensive data recording and data referencing capability
• Vacuum quality tracker
• Leak detection mode
- Optix flyer
- Optix dimensions
- Optix power supply dimensions
- Gencoa Optix presentation
- EVC-15: Monitoring of volatile vacuum species using remote optical emission spectroscopy
- 11-12 October 2018 - Vacuum Expo
- 23-26 October 2018 - glasstec
- 6-7 December 2018 - International Conference on Reactive Sputter Deposition
- View full list >