Gencoa's third generation range of small circular magnetrons - available in target diameters of 2" to 5" - are designed to operate under a low pressure range, and include ±45° tilt adjustment, gas injection and a rear utility box for DC, DC-pulsed, RF and HIPIMS processes as standard.
The 3G circular range of HV sources from Gencoa caters for applications from R&D to small scale production.
With minimal use of polymer and newly-developed magnetics, the sources can perform in the 10-6 Torr range, delivering improvements to the deposition rate, reduced arcing, fewer impurities and a higher density coating.
The sources can be fitted with a choice of magnetic and mechanical options, leading to performance benefits appropriate for differing applications, and are built to reliably work with DC, RF, pulsed DC and HiPIMS power supplies.
High yield (HY) magnetics can be fitted to target diameters of 4” and above for sputtering of precious metals, delivering target usage of 40%.
- Low pressure sputtering (10-6 to 10-2 torr)
- ± 45º tilt angle adjustment (1° accuracy)
- Standard target sizes
- High yield (HY) magnetics available for 4" and 5" target diameters, delivering >40% target usage
- Internal gas injection as standard
- Rear utility box as standard for RF and HIPIMS
- Easy target change and choice of target thickness (1-6mm)
- High strength magnetics for sputtering of magnetic material
- Indirect or direct target cooling (pre-configured)
All magnetrons in the 3G circular range are available for internal or external mount, with the following additional options: manual or pneumatic shutter, chimney, wallmount feedthrough, hidden/water-cooled anode.
The table below shows the different options of 3G circular magnetrons, along with each of the included mechanical options. Click on the PDF icons to download dimensional drawings for the required target size.
|Tilt||Gas injection||Utility box||2"||3"||4"|
- 26-29 September 2023 - International Conference on Thin Films
- 2-5 October 2023 - 2023 R2R USA Conference
- 24-26 October 2023 - SPIE Photonex
- 5-10 November 2023 - AVS 69th International Symposium & Exhibition
- View full list >